World's biggest free geocaching network
Geopaths - matching lots of geocaches
Full statistics, GPX's, all for free!
Mail notifications about new caches and logs
100% geocaching posibilities for free
Vous devez être connecté pour effectuer des opérations sur cette cache.
stats
Cette cache n’a pas encore de statistiques
History Cache: 1909 Pasco County Court House - OU0C64
History Cache
Propriétaire: Memfis Mafia
Veuillez vous connecter pour afficher les coordonnées.
Altitude: sous le niveau de la mer
 Région: États-Unis > Florida
Type de boite: Virtuelle
Taille: Aucune boîte
État: Ready for Search
Cachée le: 2024-04-30
Date de création: 2024-04-30
Date de publication: 2024-04-30
Dernière mise à jour: 2024-06-04
0x Trouvé
0x Non Trouvée
0 notes
watchers 1 observateurs
6 visiteurs
0 x notation
Évalué comme: n/a
Afin de visualiser les coordonnées et
la carte des caches
vous devez être connecté
Attributs de cache

Kid Friendly  Available in Winter  Listed on OCNA Only  Quick Cache  Historic Site 

Merci de lire cet article sur les attributs Opencaching.
Description EN

This is a simple Historical Virtual Cache. The location you will be seeking is an historic location in Dade City. This will be part of a series and we will start you out on the Town Square. 

 

To claim this cache, you simply need to take a photo of yourself in front of this landmark. I am including some interesting information below about this location. Take some time and learn a little something... and enjoy.

 

History:


 
  •  
    1887

    Pasco County became a county in 1887 and Dade City was dubbed the “temporary” county seat. Business partners, Henry Coleman and William Ferguson recognized the opportunity for Dade City to become the permanent county seat which would promote commerce. The duo built the first frame courthouse structure near 7th and Meridian and offered it rent free to the new county commissioners.

  •  
    1891

    Dade City was voted the official county seat in tumultuous election.

  •  
    1909

    A second frame courthouse structure was auctioned and moved as the commissioners wanted a clear space to show off a majestic new structure.

  •  
    1909

    Contract was let to Mutual Construction with architect, Edward Columbus Hosford and Artemus Roberts to supervise construction.

  •  
    1911

    Building completed.

  •  
    1938

    Work Progress Administration (WPA) funds from the New Deal were used to increase office space and jail ($40,000 included a WPA allocation of $22,368) with W.B. Madill in charge of construction and J.R. Hammett, WPA supervisor. Bricks were used from the demolition of Sheriff’s living quarters at the 1892 jail.

  •  
    1952

    An $18,700 addition by Contractor E. M. Covington of Dade City was added with two rooms and corridor to east side with partition of county superintendent’s room into several offices.

  •  
    1953

    Air conditioning and two room annex were added on east side.

  •  
    1959

    Additionas included a $64,000 addition to courthouse for ground floor office space and basement for vault of record storage; three-stop automatic elevator, terrazzo floor and aluminum awnings. The school board office took over tax collector’s office. Construction was by E.M. Covington and Tampa Architect, I.A. De Minicis.

  •  
    1961

    Courthouse received a three-way expansion for $153,000 by U.S. Amalgamated. Walls were moved to the south to stretch out the building and a third story on the west was added; innovations included semi-automatic switchboard, two padded cells, a second elevator, and 12-14 new offices with three air conditioning units.

  •  
    1962

    Courthouse Remodeling and annex for $15,000 to U.S. Amalgamated Constructors of Tampa.

  •  
    1979

    A modern courthouse was erected on Live Oak Avenue, and for several years the 1909 courthouse stood deteriorating.

  •  
    1998

    Dedicated on December 5, 1998, the 2.3 million dollar (l.3 from state historic preservation grants) four-year restoration of the 1909 Courthouse spearheaded by County Commissioner Sylvia Young included removal of five additions to return it to a near original style. Young was allotted a $50,000 budget from the commission for the purchase of antique furnishings which she painstakingly selected.

  •  
    2006

    Designated in the National Registry of Historic Places for the United States Department of the Interior/National Park Service.